House of Tutors is a certified testing center for administering the internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). In addition, we administer the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards Computer Adaptive Test and we serve as a proctoring service for students enrolled in distance-learning programs at various institutions.
About The Test
The TOEFL is designed to evaluate a student’s English proficiency in reading, writing, listening and speaking in an academic setting. More than 2,400 colleges and universities require international students to provide their TOEFL scores along with their transcripts and recommendations in order to be considered for admission.
The paper-based TOEFL consists of four sections (about 3 hours to complete)
• Reading Comprehension – Five reading passages with ten questions each – 55 minutes
• Structure and Written Expression – Contains incomplete sentences and sentences with underlined words and phrases – 40 questions and 25 minutes
• Listening Comprehension – Short conversations, longer conversations, class discussions, mini-talks and lectures – 50 questions and 40 minutes
• Essay – 30 minutes
The Computer-based TOEFL consists of four sections:
• Reading – Three to six reading passages with an average of six to ten questions for each passage – 60 to 100 minutes
• Listening – Short conversations, longer conversations, class discussions, mini-talks and lectures – 34 to 51 questions and 60 to 90 minutes
• Speaking – six tasks and 20 minutes
• Writing – two tasks and 50 minutes
How it Works
SELECT YOUR COURSES
Click on our test prep courses in the left taskbar for complete information on that course.
Seating is limited! And your tuition is 100% refundable before the course begins. Sign up now with our quick, easy, and totally secure registration form.
TAKE THE COURSE, GET A BETTER GRADE!
Sound simple? It is. Just sign up and we will do the rest. From diagnostic exams to strategy sessions, get all the preparation you will need for a top score.
I think the program is awesome. We really enjoyed it. It has a lot of exciting subjects including idiom and slang, news and media, academic writing, and pronunciation classes. All of these classes encourage speaking and conversations even beyond the academic life. Also TOEFL classes were helpful to us - Reem
About Our Instructors
We select the best instructors to insure your test preparation success! Our instructors come from a variety of backgrounds. They all have scored in the top 95% percentile, have previous teaching experience, and have gone through a rigorous background check.